Saturday, December 26, 2009

Hello (blogging) World!


Well, we (or at least, I, Emily, for now) are attempting to jump on the blogging band wagon! To inaugurate this blessed occasion here's some random info about us:

Random Info #1: We were married on July 25th, 2009. It was hot as Hades that day, (by Washing-tonian standards) especially with having a reception in my parents house sans air conditioning. However, the food was good, the cake was scrumptious, the flowers and I looked awesome, and the best decision of my life thus far was made, so I'd give it an overall rating of about... say... 1 MILLION out of 10. Fair enough.

Random Info #2:I graduated from BYU in April '09. I now teach fifth grade. I love my job. I've learned I haven't gotten as far as hoped in mastering the values of patience, and studently-kindness, but at least I've become proficient in apologizing to 10 year olds. If that ain't humility, I don't know what is.

Random Info #3: Matt goes to UVU and is studying Forensic Science. This means I get many wonderful stories about how serial killers and rapists are out to get me, as well as mini-lectures on how to develop finger prints from a variety of surfaces.

Random Info #4: We live in basement apartment just north of UVU. We feel pretty lucky we haven't had to experience newly-married utter poverty quite yet. We're saving those precious moments for medical school in about 2.5 years.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!...especially the mini-lectures on developing fingerprints;) I can totally visualize it:Matt excitedly telling you all about it that is!You two are presh:)! Hope you had a good Christmas in Washington!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA Emily! such a funny writer as always. this cracked me up, and made me so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete